Virtual Reality Programming
WAD Viewer VR
Last year I developed an app for viewing custom levels for Doom in VR using Google Cardboard.
Using the built-in menu interface in VR, you can load .WAD files that contain custom level designs and graphics, then view the levels in 3D at full scale.
- View .WAD files in a virtual reality environment using Google Cardboard
- Add additional PWADs to change graphics and add more levels!
- Compatible with most "vanilla" Doom engine WADs
- In-game map accessible from bottom menu
- Miniature 3D wireframe view
- Enable or disable gravity and collision detection
- Switch between stereoscopic 3D and full-screen 2D
- Stereoscopic visibility culling using binary space partitioning
- 3D collision detection and player physics
- 3D menu interface designed for VR, including file browser and graphics options
- Animated doors and moving platforms with VR controls
- Custom WAD loading (color palettes, sprite graphics, wall textures, level geometry)